Offer a vulnerable child a better life
Child sponsorship is the most personal way that you can improve the life of a vulnerable child.
Whenever possible, NPH is committed to reuniting children with their own family members. For some children, for part of their life that is not possible. Consequently, they may spend some months or years in residential care with NPH. Your sponsorship allows NPH to give them all the benefits of family life.
By being a sponsor you can change a child’s life
“Being a sponsor enriches your family so much. My girls love that we are kept updated about the life of their two ‘brothers’, like being part of a big family. Visiting the children in the home is a unique and wonderful experience. The children are always smiling and have so much love to give. We are blessed to have them in our lives.”Valentina, sponsor of Kevin*
How sponsorship can change everything
As a sponsor you offer a better future to a child born into poverty. For just £25 a month (that’s less than £1 a day), you help provide:
- An education that unlocks your sponsor child’s potential
- A safe and loving home where your sponsor child can be happy
- A nutritious diet so your sponsor child grows up healthy
- Healthcare to ensure that your sponsor child stays well
- Play and leisure activities – part of every good childhood.
Being a sponsor can also change your life
- You will help a child or young person in a very personal way.
- As soon as the sponsorship begins you will receive a photo of your sponsor child and information about them, as well as full details of how sponsorship works.
- You can follow your sponsor child’s progress as they grow up and see for yourself how you are making a difference.
- In coordination with NPH, you can visit your sponsor child in the country where they live.
- You’ll get to know your sponsor child’s country and their culture.
- You don’t have to speak the language – (Spanish, French or Haitian Creole) – of your sponsor child’s home country; we’ll be happy to translate correspondence for you.
Where you can sponsor a child
You can sponsor a child in 8 NPH countries: Bolivia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico and Peru. Or you can leave the choice to us and we’ll make sure that your support is assigned to a child most in need.
Hernán*, secure in the NPH family
Hernán and his 2 brothers came to NPH because their parents had abandoned them and their grandmother was too sick and poor to care for them.
A childhood resumed; a future with hope
Hernán had been unable to go to school. Family abandonment and poverty had robbed him and his brothers of a carefree childhood. At NPH they thrived on the loving care and grasped with both hands the opportunity to acquire an education.
Read more about how sponsorship gave Hernán happiness and hope for the future.
Change a child’s life, change your own life, become a sponsor
Frequently asked questions about sponsorship
You are likely to have many questions about what child sponsorship entails. With many years of experience, NPH has the answers. Start by taking a look at our list of frequently asked questions. If you don’t find what you’re looking for there, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Children’s names, marked with an asterisk, have been changed to protect their privacy.