NPH UK collaborates with a number of charitable trusts and foundations, organisations and businesses who share our interest in improving the lives of vulnerable children.
Trusts and foundations
We are very grateful to the charitable trusts and foundations who award grants for our work. They play a key role in enabling us to continue to support thousands of children across Latin America.
Trusts and foundations can make grants towards specific projects and programmes in the areas of education, healthcare, nutrition, environmental sustainability, family reintegration and youth empowerment, or donate unrestricted funds, which we assign wherever the need is greatest. We provide reports on how the grant is used, including photos and testimonies from the children and young people who benefit.
Our charitable trust and foundation partners
A huge thank you to the charitable trusts and foundations who have supported us over the last 18 months:
- The Souter Charitable Trust who donated to our ‘OneFamily’ reintegration programme in Honduras that supports children to live with their family after a period in residential care at NPH.
- The Tula Trust whose latest grant has also contributed to the ‘OneFamily’ programme in Honduras.
- The Pat Newman Memorial Trust who is helping to provide specialised care and support to over 80 children with disabilities in Nicaragua in our ‘Buen Samaritano’ (Good Samaritan) programme.
- The Grace Trust who has also supported our ‘Buen Samaritano’ programme.
- Gilchrist Educational Trust whose grant enabled us to purchase more academic books to enhance the quality of education we provide to over 250 children at our schools in Nicaragua.
- St James’s Place Charitable Foundation whose support for the ‘Buen Samaritano’ programme is transforming the lives of children with disabilities.
Interested in partnering with us?
We welcome new partnerships with charitable trusts and foundations. If you are a trustee of a grant-making organisation or know of a charitable trust or foundation that may be interested in supporting NPH UK, please get in touch.
Collaboration with like-minded organisations
At NPH, our primary commitment is to improving vulnerable children’s lives in Latin America. Our founder Father Wasson began NPH in Mexico, we are experts in childcare issues in the region, and the majority of the people who work with us are from Latin America.
However, we are acutely aware that many children and young people in the UK face similar issues to those that we work to overcome in Latin America.
In 2022 we partnered with IRMO, Indoamerican Refugee and Migrant Organization, to support young people in their Latin America Youth Forum. IRMO helps recently arrived young Latin American migrants to find their feet in London by providing educational, personal and professional development opportunities.
Through our collaboration with The Childhood Trust, in 2018 and 2019 we committed part of the funds we raised to supporting children in poverty in London.
How NPH has helped London’s children and young people
We provided a grant of £3,000 to IRMO in 2022, thanks to our partnership with fellow NPH organisation in Italy, Fondazione Francesca Rava NPH Italia, and their longstanding collaboration with corporate donor, Loro Piana.
Thanks to a grant of £5,000 from NPH UK towards The Summer Give 2018, The Childhood Trust leveraged matched funding to raise a total of £23,000 for 4 selected projects in London supporting disadvantaged children in 2018: